Saturday, June 23, 2012

Making Heavy Look Easy

I'm out of town right now for a family wedding/reunion, so I'm going to be short and provide an article and 3 videos for your reading and viewing pleasure.

A buddy of mine forwarded this article to me about deadlifting with a rounded back.  The author points out that rounding the back, specifically the upper back, puts you in a position to pull heavier weight off the ground.  In the powerlifting world, this makes perfect sense.  At some point, however, there will be form breakdown when the weight gets heavy enough.  I get that.  But should you train this way?

At the end of the article, one of the recommendations suggested is to always train with an arched back and solid form.  I couldn't agree more!  If you train with good form, the more effortless your maximal lifts will become.

If you don't believe me, check out this Russian beef cake making these HEAVY lifts look EASY:

1) 210kg Snatch
2) 250kg Clean & Jerk
3) 210kg Snatch and 245kg C&J w/ Bar Trajectory



EFFORTLESS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment