Friday, March 29, 2013

Feeling the Pop in My Jerk - Spring Training Progression: Week 2, Day 4

Power Clean from Blocks Above the Knee
4 Sets of 5 Reps @ 60%

Jerk
4 Sets of 3 Reps @ 80%

Snatch Grip Press
3 Sets of 3 Reps
40kg-45kg-47kg

Back Squat
4 Sets of 10 Reps @ 60%

Box Jump
5 Sets of 5 Reps
24"-36"-44"-44"-44"

Well, two weeks in a row getting 70 squats done in two days.  While sets of 10 squats really fatigue my legs, the hormonal boost I feel afterwards is amazing! These sets are really going to pay off later in the cycle with a little hypertrophy and mental toughness development.

I can also notice the carry over of the box jumps when it comes to jerks.  I really feel a more explosive "pop", even when I feel exhausted at the end of the set. This is very encouraging.

No comments:

Post a Comment