Friday, March 22, 2013

Squats and Overhead Support Work - Spring Training Progression: Week 1, Day 2 & 3

Day 2

Power Snatch from Blocks Below the Knee
5 Sets of 5 Reps @ 60%

Snatch Pull to the Knee w/ 5' Ascent
4 Sets of 4 Reps @ 80%

Behind the Neck Snatch Grip Press
4 Sets of 4 Reps
40kg-45kg-45kg-45kg

Back Squat
3 Sets of 10 Reps @ 60%

Box Jump
5 Sets of 5 Reps
Worked up to 45'

Day 3

Sprint
5 Sets of 30 yds

Power Clean form Blocks Above the Knee
4 Sets of 5 Reps @ 60%

Clean Pull from Blocks Below the Knee
4 Sets of 4 Reps @ 80%

Behind the Neck Snatch Grip Press
3 Sets of 3 Reps @ 45kg

Back Squat
4 Sets of 10 Reps @ 60%

Overhead Support/Power Jerk Recoveries
Worked up to 3 Rep Max (170kg)

Box Jump
5 Sets of 5 Reps
Worked up to 42'

While the intensity is low, the volume is squats is exhausting!  Sets of 10 is a first for me, and continuing with them is giving me confidence moving forward once we start getting heavier.  I need it! HA!

First time in about a year that I've done snatch grip press.  Man, I'm weak at this.  Can't even get 50kg's!  Overhead strength, in addition to strength in general, continues to be a weakness and is something to improve on.

The overhead support work is new to me.  I've done split jerk recoveries before but not from the power jerk position.  I found the most difficult part standing it up.  If I was able to do that, I could hold the weight overhead.

No comments:

Post a Comment