Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Trying to Fit It All In - Spring Progression: Week 2, Day 1


Agility Ladder
5 Sets

Vertical Jump with Bar + Hang Power Snatch
5 Sets of 3 Jumps + 1 Hg.P.Sn. @ 50%

Power Skips
4 Sets of 25 yards

Sprints
4 Sets of 30 yards

Backwards Run
4 Sets of 25 yards

Carioca
6 Sets of 25 Yards

Power Snatch from Blocks Above the Knee
3 Sets of 5 Reps @ 60%

Power Snatch from Blocks Below the Knee + Overhead Squat
3 Sets of 4 P.Sn.Bl.Be.Kn. + 4 Oh.S. @ 60%

Snatch Grip Deadlift from Deficit
3 Sets of 4 Reps @ 85%

Back Squat
3 Reps @ 60%
3 Reps @ 70%
3 Reps @ 80%
3 Reps @ 85%

Press
4 Sets of 6 Reps

Spring break is over, teams are back in full swing, and my training is ramping up again.  What does all this mean? Trying to find time to fit it all in is a challenge in itself! HA!  Yesterday, Monday, I couldn't find the time to train.  Today, while I was able to train, I had to break it up into two sessions. Even then, I couldn't fit everything in.

In the AM, I was able to fit in some mobility and the agility ladder work through carioca.  In the early afternoon, I picked things back up with the power snatches from the blocks, but had to stop at presses.  I still had 5 sets of 5 box jumps, but didn't have the time today to fit things in.

Am I upset about this? Absolutely not.  I'm going to make my bones from coaching, not lifting.  While lifting, and lifting at the highest level I can reach will make me a better coach, lifting is below coaching as a priority.  Should I ever loose site of this and think that my training is more important than that of my athletes, I have failed as a coach.

No comments:

Post a Comment