Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Progressing My Team - Training Progression: Week 11, Day 2

Snatch
1 Set of 1 Rep @ 60%
1 Set of 1 Rep @ 70%
1 Set of 1 Rep @ 80%
3 Sets of 1 Rep @ 85%

Clean & Jerk
1 Set of 1 Cl. + 1 Jr. @ 60%
1 Set of 1 Cl. + 1 Jr. @ 70%
1 Set of 1 Cl. + 1 Jr. @ 80%
2 Sets of 1 Cl. + 1 Jr. @ 85%

Front Squat
1 Set of 2 Reps @ 70%
1 Set of 2 Reps @ 80%
1 Set of 2 Reps @ 85%
1 Set of 1 Rep @ 90%


Clean Pull from Blocks Below the Knee
4 Sets of 2 Reps @ 100%

Daily Volume: 31
Weekly Volume: 81

Snatches felt off today, as I went 1 for 3 at 85%, but nailed my clean & jerks.  It's been a while since both my lifts were clicking at the same time.  I will change that soon!  Front squats felt stronger than yesterday, as my upper back wasn't rounding like a turtle shell at 90% as it did last night.

I'm really excited for tomorrow.  First, it's an active rest day, so I'll be doing some torso work and mobility/soft tissue.  Gotta love recovery days!  More importantly, however, I'm progressing my women's crew team to the hang power clean!

For the past two weeks, I've been having them jump, jump with a bar and clean pulling from the hang.  I'm actually surprised at how well they've picked up the movement patterns as a group, so I'm going to see how things go when implementing the hang power clean.  I'm confident in my ability as a coach and the athlete's ability to learn, that it shouldn't be a train wreck. HA!

I'll check back in later in the week with a post about it along with some take aways and cues that both I and my athletes are receptive and react well too.



No comments:

Post a Comment