Saturday, February 2, 2013

Wood Platforms Make a Difference - Training Progression: Week 10, Day 5

Snatch
1 Set of 2 Reps @ 60%
1 Set of 2 Reps @ 70%
1 Set of 2 Reps @ 80%
3 Sets of 2 Reps @ 85%

Clean + Jerk
1 Set of 2 Cl. + 1 Jr. @ 60%
1 Set of 2 Cl. + 1 Jr. @ 70%
1 Set of 2 Cl. + 1 Jr. @ 80%
2 Sets of 2 Cl. + 1 Jr. @ 85%

Snatch Pull from Blocks Below the Knee
4 Sets of 3 Reps @ 100%

Front Squat
1 Set of 3 Reps @ 60%
1 Set of 3 Reps @ 70%
1 Set of 3 Reps @ 80%
1 Set of 3 Reps @ 85%
1 Set of 3 Reps @ 80%
1 Set of 2 Reps @ 85%

Daily Volume: 56
Weekly Volume: 299

It's amazing what a back down and volume, sleep and a wood platform will do for performance.  I felt fast and strong today after a good night sleep and finishing off the de-load week.  Lifting on a wood platform felt a lot better was well.

During the week, I train on rubber platforms.  While they aren't horrible, they aren't as good as wood for these reasons: 1) wood allows you to produce more force into the ground due to the harder surface, and 2) your feet get "stuck" on the rubber and can't move as fast in the transition under the bar than with a wooden platform.  Today, I could really feel my feet moving faster.  I also think the muscle snatch work in the warm ups has helped my transition under the bar too.

Maybe it's a good thing I'm training on a rubber floor, so when it come time for competition, I can move that much faster.  We'll see...



No comments:

Post a Comment