Monday, December 24, 2012

Triple Extension vs. Catapult?

It seems like this debate comes up from time to time, and it sure seems to stir the pot.  It's pretty humorous actually that this continues to be debated given the biomechanical research that's gone into the pulling mechanics of the snatch and clean & jerk.

I'm not going to provide much commentary, because I want you to read the articles I've linked to and come up with your own conclusions.  The only thing I will say, is that I am not a fan of the catapult.  Feel free to make your comments and thoughts below.



I also wanted to link to a website that holds all the publications and research done by Dr. John Garhammer.  John has done all the biomechanical and scientific research on the snatch and clean & jerk in the US.

Feel free to troll the Pendley Forum, where most of this debate has been fostered and developed as well.  It's worth the time. ;)

Lastly, I leave you with this quote: "You can have your own opinion, but you don't get to have your own facts." -Unknown



No comments:

Post a Comment