Monday, December 3, 2012

Hips Are Tight as Hell

After coaching this weekend at the American and Outlaw Open, I'm back at it.  Before I go into my training, I have to give Ingrid Kantola a big shout out. She lifted in the 63kg B session and ended up getting third in her flight, and finished 9th overall in the Outlaw Open with a STACKED women's field.  Here's a video of her pr'ing on her snatch on the BIG STAGE!!

Ingrid PR'ing at American's w/ a 69kg Snatch


Now here's a breakdown of my training today:

Hang Snatch
1 Set of 4 Reps @ 60%
1 Set of 4 Reps @ 70%
2 Sets of 3 Reps @ 80%
2 Sets of 4 Reps @ 75%

Hang Clean + Jerk
1 Set of 4 Cl. + 1 Jr. @ 60%
1 Set of 4 Cl. + 1 Jr. @ 70%
1 Set of 3 Cl. + 1 Jr. @ 80%
2 Sets of 4 Cl. + 1 Jr. @ 75%

Behind the Neck Push Press
3 Sets of 4 Reps @ 60%

Daily Volume: 58
Weekly Volume: 58

I was supposed to squat first today, but found that my hips were VERY tight and it actually hurt to stand the weight up at the bottom, even @ 40%.  Hoping I needed to warm my hips up better, I decided to save the squats for last.  My hang snatches felt great up until the second set @ 80%.  I ended up missing all 3 attempts.

I made all my hang cleans, but the weight felt heavy and my hips were hurting from front squatting the weight up.

Today was the first time in a while I'd done any overhead work from behind the neck.  I'm definitely not as strong from behind the neck as I am from the front rack position.

When it came time to snatch pull, I couldn't do it because my hips hurt too badly.  I put everything on pause, to get some food and do some mobility hoping it would help, but when I tried to squat again, I couldn't go over 80kg without pain.  Very frustrating.  I spent the rest of the day/evening working on my hip trying to loosen it up.  Hopefully I'll be able to squat tomorrow!

My coaches eye app is acting up and cutting out on my videos as well as having difficulties uploading to youtube, so here's a video of my first of 3 successful hang snatch reps @ 80%:

Hang Snatch @ 80%

Here's a video of my hang clean + jerk, except the video cuts out before I was able to jerk:

3 Hang Cleans @ 80%

No comments:

Post a Comment