Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Change Your Mindset, Change Your Result - Training Progression: Week 7, Day 3

A.M. Session

Back Squat
1 Set of 3 Reps @ 60%
1 Set of 3 Reps @ 70%
3 Sets of 3 Reps @ 80%

Snatch
1 Set of 2 Reps @ 60%
1 Set of 2 Reps @ 70%
4 Sets of 2 Reps @ 80%

Clean + Jerk
1 Set of 2 Cl. + 1 Jr. @ 60%
1 Set of 2 Cl. + 1 Jr. @ 70%
4 Sets of 2 Cl. + 1 Jr. @ 80%

P.M. Session

Power Snatch
1 Set of 3 Reps @ 60%
1 Set of 3 Reps @ 65%
3 Sets of 3 Reps @ 70%

Power Clean + Jerk
1 Set of 3 P.Cl. + 1 Jr. @ 60%
1 Set of 3 P.Cl. + 1 Jr. @ 70%
3 Sets of 3 P.Cl. + 1 Jr. @ 80%

Snatch Pulls
4 Sets of 3 Reps @ 85%

Front Squat
1 Set of 1 Rep @ 60%
1 Set of 1 Rep @ 70%
1 Set of 1 Rep @ 80%
1 Set of 1 Rep @ 85%
3 Sets of 1 Rep @ 90%

Daily Volume: 99
Weekly Volume: 308

Today was the first time in a few weeks that my jerks felt solid.  It wasn't a matter of being fresh, because I'm just the opposite.  I felt beat up today going into training today.  As I discussed last night, it was just a matter of will and focus.

Your mindset can make all the difference in your performance.  Never accept defeat, never accept being tired, never accept mediocrity.  If you change your mindset from negative to positive, your result will change similarly.

While I touched on this previously, I personally experienced this in my own training today.  Trust me, it WORKS!

On a side note, I wanted to bring to your attention a website that's a great resource for nutrition and recipes to help strength, weightlifters, and crossfit athletes in recovery, training and gaining mass.  It's called The Strength Agenda.  Tom Sroka, a weightlifter for team MDUSA, it the mastermind behind this, and I certainly plan on using this site as a resource as I continue my quest to gain mass. Tom also has a newsletter that you can sign up for for additional info and resources.


No comments:

Post a Comment