Thursday, January 10, 2013

First Time Doing Split Cleans - Training Progression: Week 7, Day 4

A.M. Session

Snatch Pull + Snatch
1 Set of 3 Sn.Pu. + 1 Sn. @ 60%
1 Set of 3 Sn.Pu. + 1 Sn. @ 70%
4 Sets of 3 Sn.Pu. + 1 Sn. @ 80%

Clean Pull + Clean
1 Set of 3 Cl.Pu. + 1 Cl. @ 60%
1 Set of 3 Cl.Pu. + 1 Cl. @ 70%
3 Sets of 3 Cl.Pu. + 1 Cl. @ 80%

Jerk
1 Set of 3 Reps @ 60%
1 Set of 3 Reps @ 70%
1 Set of 2 Reps @ 80%
1 Set of 2 Reps @ 85%
1 Set of 1 Rep @ 90%
1 Set of 1 Rep @ 95%
1 Set of 2 Reps @ 80%
1 Set of 2 Reps @ 85%

P.M. Session

Back Squat
1 Set of 4 Reps @ 60%
1 Set of 4 Reps @ 70%
1 Set of 4 Reps @ 80%
3 Sets of 3 Reps @ 85%

Press
5 Sets of 4 Reps

Good Morning
4 Sets of 8 Reps

Split Clean from Blocks Above the Knee
5 Sets of 5 Reps @ 70kg

Daily Volume: 158
Weekly Volume: 466

Man am I starting to feel the wear and tear from double training sessions everyday this week.  Snatches and cleans felt decent, but everything else was a struggle!

I missed my second jerk @ 85%, pressed out on 90% and missed 95% all together.  Squats in the afternoon were horrendous.  Missed 6 out of 9 squats at 85%.

Today was also the first time I had done split cleans.  Needless to say, I'm not used to these.  I found myself not relying on my legs and instead pulling too much with my arms.  I consider myself pretty coordinated, but not with this.  HA!  You should've seen the ones I did that weren't on camera.  A couple times I ended up power cleaning and another attempt I smacked my adams apple.  You get the point.  The purpose of this exercise, for us at least, is to work on footwork with the jerk, however.  I see the value, but need to get used to the movement a bit more.

Going to need to soak in an epsom salt bath after today!  On a side note, if you live in the LA area and are looking for a good sports masseuse, you need to check out my buddy Jeff Metcalf at Pro Massage LA.  The website also serves as a portal for recovery information - an added value for all you geeks!  He's worked on me several times and does great work.  I'm going to need to hit him up after this week of training! HA!



No comments:

Post a Comment