Saturday, January 12, 2013

Working to 90% - Training Progression: Week 7, Day 6

Back Squat
1 Set of 5 Reps @ 60%
1 Set of 5 Reps @ 70%
1 Set of 4 Reps @ 80%
1 Set of 4 Reps @ 85%

Snatch
1 Set of 2 Reps @ 60%
1 Set of 2 Reps @ 70%
1 Set of 2 Reps @ 80%
1 Set of 1 Rep @ 85%
1 Set of 1 Rep @ 90%

Clean + Jerk
1 Set of 2 Cl. + 1 Jr. @ 60%
1 Set of 2 Cl. + 1 Jr. @ 70%
1 Set of 2 Cl. + 1 Jr. @ 80%
1 Set of 1 Cl. + 1 Jr. @ 85%
1 Set of 1 Cl. + 1 Jr. @ 90%

Snatch Pull
5 Sets of 4 Reps @ 100%

Press
4 Sets of 4 Reps

Good Morning
4 Sets of 5 Reps

Daily Volume: 95
Weekly Volume: 691

What a difference a day makes.  After feeling crappy before, during and after yesterday's training, today was a completely different story!  Felt strong and fast throughout the entire training session.  My snatch @ 90% was solid and fast.  My clean felt "easy" for 90%, but my jerk wasn't fantastic.  I've been noticing when looking at my video's that my front foot is landing first.  This is because I'm driving the bar slightly forward in the drive of the jerk.  Will continue to have the jerk be my focus in the coming weeks.

I start at USC on Monday, so my training is going to change a little since my work load will dramatically increase.  I'll miss training with Smuggles and Greg on a daily basis, but we'll still have Saturday's at least.  By the time I get to Waxman's, Smuggles and Greg will have already done their training earlier in the day.

Tomorrow will be a much needed rest day after a high volume week.  I'll be coaching a snatch seminar tomorrow, getting body work done from Pro Massage LA and preparing for my first week at SC!!



No comments:

Post a Comment