Monday, January 14, 2013

PR Nation on the First Day of Work - Training Progression: Week 8, Day 1


Back Squat
1 Set of 1 Rep @ 60%
1 Set of 1 Rep @ 70%
1 Set of 1 Rep @ 80%
1 Set of 1 Rep @ 85%
1 Set of 1 Rep @ 90%
1 Set of 1 Rep @ 95%
5 Sets of 3 Reps @ 80%

Snatch
1 Set of 1 Rep @ 60%
1 Set of 1 Rep @ 70%
1 Set of 1 Rep @ 80%
1 Set of 1 Rep @ 85%
1 Set of 1 Rep @ 90%
1 Set of 1 Rep @ 95%
3 Sets of 3 Reps @ 80%

Clean + Jerk
1 Set of 1 Cl. + 1 Jr. @ 60%
1 Set of 1 Cl. + 1 Jr. @ 70%
1 Set of 1 Cl. + 1 Jr. @ 80%
1 Set of 1 Cl. + 1 Jr. @ 85%
2 Sets of 1 Cl. + 1 Jr. @ 90%
3 Sets of 3 Cl. + 1 Jr. @ 80%

Front Squat + Jerk
4 Sets of 2 F.S. + 2 Jr. @ 80%

Daily Volume: 74
Weekly Volume: 74

Today was the first day at SC.  While it was long and pretty exhausting, it was a blast.  Today, I worked with: Women's Sand Volleyball, Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Water Polo, U.S. Water Polo National Team, Women's Lacrosse.  Full plate!  It was great to see a lot of old familiar faces with the staff and coaches, as well as the new faces of most of the athlete's.

I find this whole experience surreal.  I'm now getting a chance to coach at the place where I played and went to school.  Very special.  I can't wait to continue to work hard and make myself a valuable asset to the athletic department!

With this new position, however, my training volume will decrease drastically due to time constraints.  No longer will there be 5 hour training sessions.  It will now be 3....MAX!  Still enough to get a lot of quality work, but will just be doing less accessory work.

Maybe because I was amped for the first day on the job, or the fact that I could just be getting better (HA!), today was a great training day filled with 2 PR's and NO misses!

Started off the day with a 5kg squat PR!  WHOOHOO.  Now up to 150.  I'll give it a couple more weeks before I increase my numbers further.

Also ended up snatching 104kg, which is a 1kg PR.  I brought my weight back too much on the first pull, but still made it - 3 WHITE LIGHTS!  Not bad on either accounts considering these were not "max" days, rather based off of my current percentages.

In addition to making all my clean & jerks, I was perfect on the jerks that accompanied front squats.



No comments:

Post a Comment