Friday, January 25, 2013

Just Another Day - Training Progression: Week 9, Day 5

Snatch
1 Set of 3 Reps @ 60%
1 Set of 3 Reps @ 70%
1 Set of 3 Reps @ 80%
1 Set of 2 Reps @ 85%
3 Sets of 3 Reps @ 80%

Clean + Jerk
1 Set of 3 Cl. + 2 Jr. @ 60%
1 Set of 3 Cl. + 2 Jr. @ 70%
3 Sets of 3 Cl. + 2 Jr. @ 80%

Back Squat
1 Set of 4 Reps @ 60%
1 Set of 4 Reps @ 70%
5 Sets of 4 Reps @ 80%

Daily Volume: 73
Weekly Volume: 434

After a long week, I was debating taking the day off to rest, but decided to suck it up and attack the bar!    Glad I did.  I made all my lifts and squats at the end were solid!

I have been noticing, however, that I haven't been moving my feet fast enough in the clean.  Doing this will get me under faster to receive the bar in a much better position for me to stand up the weight.

After coaching, I decided to stop by Waxman's Gym to say hello, and low and behold, Angelo, aka the GREEK was playing around with a nice easy pause squat at 210kg.  Mind you, this is after taking an entire week off due to being under the weather and dealing with a bicep injury.  Mind blown how strong this stud is.  Also a great person, friend and supporter!




No comments:

Post a Comment