Friday, April 12, 2013

Having a Training Partner Helps - Spring Training: Week 4, Day 4

Snatch
1 Set of 1 Rep @ 60%
1 Set of 1 Rep @ 70%
1 Set of 1 Rep @ 75%
1 Set of 1 Rep @ 80%
3 Sets of 1 Rep @ 85%

Clean & Jerk
1 Set of 1 Rep @ 60%
1 Set of 1 Rep @ 70%

1 Set of 1 Rep @ 75%
1 Set of 1 Rep @ 80%
3 Sets of 1 Rep @ 85%

Snatch Pull from Deficit
4 Sets of 3 Reps @ 90%

Clean Deadlift from Blocks Below the Knee
4 Sets of 4 Reps @ 100%

Back Squat
4 Sets of 4 Reps @ 80%

Well, at least I made one of my snatches today at 85%. HA!  I never thought I said this, but I'm feeling more comfortable about my clean & jerks.

For the past 2 weeks or so, Chris Chase has been my training partner.  This has been a big boost to my personal training, and here's why:

1) We get along really well, which helps when going through tough training sessions because of the good company.  Train with someone you get along with!
2) Having a training partner keeps me on track.  When training on my own, I have a tendency to take more rest time than needed. Training partners can keep you focused when you need to be.
3) I can help Chris get better at weightlifting.  I try to give him at least one golden nugget each session. ;).  Training partners help your coaching eye by watching.

My point here is simple.  If you can, make sure you train with a partner.  It makes the experience and your performance much better!


No comments:

Post a Comment